How we work
Members of SANREM work together to:
- Become more organized and active in addressing sustainable development issues by facilitating and encouraging collective voice and action, networking, information exchange, research and development initiatives;
- Promote dissemination and sharing of information, experiences, views and ideas on current development challenges in the east and horn of africa;
- Contribute to the analysis, campaign and discussion on issues of current relevance to socio-economic development of the region and on international policies that may affect the east and horn of africa ordinary people adversely;
- Share information about successful experiences in Africa and highlight key priority issues for action;
- Increase the visibility of the contributions made by NGOs to socio-economic and sustainable development of the African continent;
- Promote the capacity of regional NGOs trough information provision about opportunities available to them such as: training, conferences, workshops, and fundraising opportunities, etc;
- Strengthen the capacity of civil society organizations to effectively advocate for and implement environmental protection and awareness programmes;
- To liaise with similar organizations elsewhere as appropriate, to source and share ideas for environmental projects and issues;
- Bring regional environmental organizations and community-based groups together involved in environment and sustainable development to improve collective campaigning and advocacy work;
- Encourage and promoting communication between members and cross-fertilization of information, ideas, and products and working practices;
- Enable the voice of environmental NGOs, including helping them to influence decision-making at all levels.
By becoming a member of SANREM you will become part of a network of NGOs working on Africa’s environmental sustainable development issues.
Your Organization will:
- Have access to our e-mail newsletters, which keeps members up to date with activities, issues, changes trends and developments in the environment and sustainable development, at the national, regional and international levels.
- Be able to participate in campaigns when you could not do it on your own.
- Have opportunities for greater collaboration with other international NGOs which could support your organization.
- Keep you abreast of key development in relation to international development and NGO sector.
- Be in a position to develop and implement projects in partnership with ERMCSD or with other affiliate international NGOs.
- Have access to information relating to opportunities that could increase the capacity of your organization (e.g. funding sources, publications, training, events, etc.).
- Be publicized within the international environmental NGO sector through our website, e-mail list, contacts and partnerships with other NGOs.
- Work with Conserve Africa and other NGOs to identify issues of common interest, and then find the best way to address that issue through public awareness, education and campaigning.
- Be able to publicize your organization, events, activities or to look for partners through our website, through our network or contacts details that we have about other organizations.
- Be able to recruit volunteers and interns from abroad (e.g. Europe and North America) to work with your organization.
- Participate in our campaigning, research and advocacy activities.
C_TB1200_88 C2040-406 C4040-224 M70-201 N10-005 NS0-145 PMI-001 070-177 070-336 070-337 070-457 070-464 070-672 070-680 1Y0-A20 1Z0-897 70-413 A00-211 C_FSUTIL_60 C_TPLM30_65 C2030-280 C2090-614 C2180-275 C4040-122 C4060-155 JN0-343 MB6-871 C_THR12_65 C_TSCM62_65 C2050-723 C2090-612 C2160-669 C2180-273 C2180-400 C4040-332 C4060-156 C4090-451 CCA-410 CLO-001 CPCM CSM-001 700-038 70-415 70-492 70-496 77-885 C_HANAIMP131 C_TFIN52_65 C_THR12_65 C_TSCM62_65 C2050-723 C2090-612 C2160-669 C2180-273 C2180-400 C4040-332 C4060-156 C4090-451 CCA-410 CLO-001 SY0-301 3605 7303 050-80-CASECURID01 070-332 070-573-Csharp 074-343 1Z0-522 1Z0-532 1Z0-597 250-371 312-76 350-080 640-878 642-883